Making The Transition From Selling on eBay to Selling on Amazon

Friday 1 October 2010

Vintage Cult TV Paperback - The Persuaders / Tony Curtis

Having decided to stay with the theme of 1960's and 1970's Cult TV classics, my blog entry was an easy choice following this week's sad news of the death of Tony Curtis. I have probably seen most, if not all, of the Persuaders TV series, but I only have one Persuaders paperback. It wasn't however until I read a few of his obituaries that I realised quite how many films he'd starred in, and also that he was an established artist whose paintings sold for thousands.

What I particularly liked about The Persuaders was the interplay between Roger Moore, the artistocratic englishman, and Curtis, the Brooklyn wannabe playboy, and the cheesy, but constant, humour - they must have had a blast filimg it. The semi-exotic Riviera locations add a further sense of the bizarre as the two jet-setting playboys get themselves into all sorts of trouble. Hopefully over the next few weeks there will be some Tony Curtis documentaries and films shown on TV.

The Persuaders! Book One, by Frederick E. Smith, c.1971

Back cover of the first Persuaders paperback
 
 More vintage books and magazines and also vintage postcards can be found on my web site

2 comments:

  1. The Avengers and now The Persuaders. I'd rather deal with The Persuaders and maybe get away alive! Great blog. I didn't even know bout the Roger Moore and Tony Curtis duo on TV. I'll have to check into that. I always liked the old Bond movies. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello icreate - thanks for being the first person to follow this blog, and thanks also for the comment. Glad you liked it. I've been away on business this week so not much time for blogging but hopefully I'll get another posting done before the weekend ... maybe The Saint, or perhaps U.F.O

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails