Making The Transition From Selling on eBay to Selling on Amazon

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Sepia Saturday 185 - rain

I'm quite glad that this week's Sepia Saturday theme is out of sorts as it's great to be finally enjoying summer, and it looks like it's here to stay. My submission however for this week is on theme and features a car in the rain, from a vintage advertisement for Girling Disc Brakes, from the March 1959 edition of Motor Sport magazine.

Vintage advertisement for Girling Disc Brakes, c.1959.
Vintage advertisement for Girling Disc Brakes, c.1959.

    

9 comments:

  1. It would be hard to choose any other brakes after reading that ad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice? Girling rhymes with Stirling, as in Stirling Moss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was always something rather grand about that name wasn't there "Girling Disc Brakes". Had a whiff of excitement and speed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the days of Stirling Moss. I can't imagine how those cars ever stayed on the track...of course they did not as Stirling found out in 1962.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice vintage ad to fit the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What???? Not Boyling brakes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even I remember that ad. Bang on theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An odd name for brakes. Girling makes me think of whirling which makes me think of skidding which makes me think of the time I spun 360s down a freeway in a snowstorm heading for an underpass. I think I could have used some Girlings that day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Vintage Books and Magazines" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/09/sites-to-see_27.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails