Making The Transition From Selling on eBay to Selling on Amazon

Thursday 25 August 2011

Sepia Saturday 89 - vintage advertisement for windscreen washers

I'm not theming for this week's Sepia Saturday but instead have selected a vintage advertisement from a 1959 edition of Motor Sport magazine. The advertisement is for Windscreen Washers. What I particularly like about it is the authoratitive statement made, presumably by the ernest looking man with the glasses in the white lab coat, which says, "In my opinion nobody should be allowed on the road without one".

Vintage advertisement for windscreen washers, c.1959

    

11 comments:

  1. The lab coat of course would add the necessary gravitas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish they still cost only 27 and 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were the days. I remember someone leaning out of the side window and claeaning the windscreen with a squeezy bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember cars without windshield washers, but I remember when there were gas station attendants that always cleaned your windshield when you went for gas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 1959 ad and the expert opinion of the man in the white coat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scientist lends a great air of authenticity! I think I need these - my windscreen wipers keep blowing a fuse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have thought they were advertising rain coats if I hadn't read the details. A rather fun ad. Can barely see the windscreen, or as we call it over here, the windshield.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing says windshield washer better than Trafalgar! Horatio Nelson blinded this time by his windscreen! HA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and that man has the look of someone who clearly knows what he is talking about. Did car salesmen ever look like that or was he the family solicitor handing out advice?

    ReplyDelete
  10. and where is that company now?
    :D~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. How tall are these guys? One 7 foot and the other 8 foot? Haha. And you have to believe everything a guy in a white lab coat says. Great ad. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails